9 Mar 2007

What are Dojinshi?


Dojinshi (doujinshi, doujin) are self-published Japanese works, usually manga or novels, often the work of amateurs.

Avid fans of dōjinshi attend regular dōjinshi conventions, the largest of which is called Comiket (short for "Comic Market") held in the summer and winter in Tokyo's Big Sight. Here, over 20 acres of dōjinshi are bought, sold, and traded by attendees.

A major part of dōjinshi content contains sexually explicit material, due to both the large demand for such publications and absence of restrictions official publishing houses have to follow. Indeed, often the main point of a given dōjinshi is to present an explicit version of a popular show's characters.

More information on Wikipedia
sample cover from doujin moe

tags

7 comments:

Nikolas said...

A Dead, or Alive one. This i would like to know...
... Mr. Elderly. Do you by any chance happen to have the means for my self acquiring this particular item?

Unknown said...

follow the sample cover link above, check the sidebar on the left under doujinshi/pics... a page of dead or alive themed booklets.. .the one above i believe is entitled "breeze!.....

Nikolas said...

(salutes resourceful Elderly person)

Indeed I will...

(' think I feel a breeze coming on)

Nikolas said...

I'm having a bit of trouble whit quality photo display for my profile. Damn.
Nevertheles here is the addres of the photo I would like you to use for my link.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums
/w132/NikolaSnow/Niks.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Unknown said...

up and running, well it will be in two shakes of lambs tail.... (mutton for dinner....)

Nikolas said...

LOL
That's a good one, and a new one for me.

.. I thank you...

Unknown said...

(bows....)

:)

Kotobukiya Figures